Help with an Agency

If you can’t get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

Residents of the 15th Congressional District of New York can contact me for assistance dealing with federal agencies. Click here to check if you live in the 15th District. 

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence, such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs
  • Social Security Number or ITIN for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.
  • Your address and phone number so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved

Please Note: The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual’s case. We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request. Please click on the appropriate agency to utilize our digital privacy release authorization form.

logo of All Other AgenciesAll Other Agencies

logo of Social Security AdministrationSocial Security Administration

logo of Department of Veterans AffairsDepartment of Veterans Affairs

logo of Housing and Urban DevelopmentHousing and Urban Development

logo of Internal Revenue ServiceInternal Revenue Service

logo of Department of StateDepartment of State

logo of Department of Homeland SecurityDepartment of Homeland Security

logo of Small Business AdministrationSmall Business Administration

logo of United States Postal ServiceUnited States Postal Service